When it comes to fashion and style, I’ve never been one to follow trends, not even as a young person. Trends look great on the runway or in magazines, but attempting to duplicate them in real life never went my way and so I learned to just create my own sense of style. Shoes are my weakness. I love them in every color, pattern and style; all except nude. For far too many years, I discounted the nude shoe as a trend, when in reality, they are a necessity! Here’s why:
Like black, nude goes with everything.
No matter what the outfit, be it simple or simply outrageous, a nude shoe is so versatile it complements both. And when you have to pack, one pair of nude pumps or sandals goes a long way!
Like black, a nude shoe will never go out of style.
“These black heels are way too trendy,” said no one ever. You’ll also never say that about your nude heels. They are timeless and you’ll soon find you need several pairs.
Nude shoes elongate your legs.
Okay, not really. You won’t grow an inch when you step into them, but if the shoe color blends with your skin, it gives the effect of one clean line resulting in your legs appearing longer. To perfect this illusion shop for a shoe closes to your skin tone.
Below are a few of my favorites for Summer 2016
- Everything I need in a nude pump is right here. Michael Kors’ simple yet elegant patent leather heels are perfect for work, but they also pair well with jeans on the weekend.
2. All eyes on you you as BCBG glams this caged sandal with a little bling. I have a similar pair, also BCBG, and not only are they pretty, but comfortable too!
4. These Tamara Mellon sandals are my guilty pleasure. Love at first sight and perfect for date night! Swooning!
5. Sam Edelman’s Azela sandal is ever so chic and feminine with its tassels and lace-up design! Would love to wear these to a summer wedding.
6. I love ankle straps and the metallic accents on the aptly named Joyride by Seychelles pair perfectly with a summer dress or capris.
7. Picture a summer concert, your favorite shorts a sunhat and these Asos wrap sandals. Does it get any better?
8. Dressed up or down, these Splendid wedges will take you from the office to happy hour effortlessly.
Am I the only one late to the party? Have you been rocking your nude shoes forever or like me, is this a new staple in your wardrobe? Let’s Chat!